Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cotton Valley, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer for our Cotton Valley, Louisiana facility. In this role you will provide technical expertise in all aspects of process design and processing techniques sued by the refinery to ensure the following:
- Conduct daily process unit monitoring and alarm rationalization
- Optimize production to assure lowest cost with maximum output
- Implement safety, environmental consciousness, and reliability into day to day decision making
- Adopt principles of continuous improvement to drive out waste and inefficiency and enhance profitability
- Conducts daily unit health monitoring consistent with Calumet Expectations
- Performs engineering calculations (i.e., mass balances, energy balances, conversion calculations) to optimize equipment design and assure product quality
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets unit test data to assist in troubleshooting operating problems and developing revised process designs
- Generates and maintains informational database(s) on pertinent process variables for troubleshooting and optimization
- Makes recommendations to improve unit yield and/or optimize energy consumption
- Initiates and justifies new projects, additional monitoring, and improvements to the unit
- Collaborates with appropriate subject matter experts, and manager concerning unusual problems and developments
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects within his/her responsibility area
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment
- Maintains awareness of all Safety, Health, and Environmental issues that impact the refinery and personnel
- Evaluates the economic feasibility of projects assigned and provides Process engineering services during engineering, construction, and start-up of projects
- May provide Process Engineering support during turnarounds
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite
- 3+ years of experience in the chemical or petroleum industry
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and team capabilities when necessary
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.