Skills: Control Room Operations, Crane Operator, Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Lifting Operations Technical Co-ordinator to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation for a duration of 5 months.
You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment.
We execute established 'best practice' construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore.
The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes (Brownfield).
In addition, the provision of construction management services globally, to manage third party construction and fabrication facilities on behalf of clients.
- Capable of developing and approving all lift plans and risk assessments for all categories of lifting operations plans
- Review and authorise all lift plans developed by specialist vendors and 3rd party contractors
- Be knowledgeable of the requirements of lifting equipment certification and the management and control of rigging loft inventories in compliance with LOLER
- Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand procedures/ specifications/drawings/etc in particular those pertaining to rigging & lifting operations
- Can demonstrate the ability to safely deliver all rigging & lifting work scopes to the required/specified project/industry standards
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the management of all aspects of lifting and hoisting and the movement of loads
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory role in the safe execution of lifting and hoisting operations
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas related HSSE safe working practices and procedures
- Experienced in the development and approval of detailed and accurate lifting plans for complex lifting operation, and the technical qualification and ability to address first line technical queries on lifting equipment.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of the UK regulations (LOLER, PUWER, HSWA) and BSEN technical standards associated with lifting and hoisting operations and lifting equipment - Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- A Valid Competent Person Qualification issued by one of the following award bodies: - CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).