Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Stonehouse, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Embedded Software Engineer- UK
We are seeking a professional Embedded Software Engineer with at least 5 years' experience in executing the complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems for oil and gas drilling tools. The opportunity is based in the Gloucestershire area. Salary is competitive and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Successful candidates will be working with a co-located team of 20+ experienced engineers, including other software professionals within a larger multifunctional engineering team. The software teams' work has a meaningful impact on the business/industry, which offers good visibility and technical career progression within the company.
- Design and implement software of embedded systems from requirements to production.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and HiL Testing
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Currently residing and eligible to work legally in the UK
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C and C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Knowledge in Arm and TI processors would be advantageous especially: ARM 7, Cortex M4 and 28335 DSP
- Experience in writing hardware and peripheral drivers
- Excellent knowledge communication protocols such as CAN, RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C etc
- Knowledge of National Instrument test systems would be preferred
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.