Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
Skills: Customer Service, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an ES&H Administrator for their facility located in Mont Belvieu, Texas.
• Answer telephones, accept visitors to office, communicate with plant personnel via radio
• Responsible for general correspondence - reporting, general filing, scheduling meeting rooms, etc.
• Maintain company and contractor safety files for Mont Belvieu and Galena Park
• Maintain environmental filing for Mont Belvieu and Galena Park
• Purchasing supplies, maintain inventories, maintain office, cleaning and kitchen supplies, conduct and assist procurement and delivery of department luncheons.
• Assisting ES&H Specialists, Supervisors, and Managers with internal reports, scheduling, organization, and other clerical duties as needed.
• Preparing correspondence and parcels to send by USPS, FED-EX, UPS.
• Work on ad hoc special projects and tasks assigned.
• Run occasional outside errands for Targa.
• Assist Environmental Specialists with public notice requirements, including ordering signs, scheduling newspaper notices, delivering permit packages to local library, mailing copies to regulatory agencies.
• Maintain waste shipment logs for Mont Belvieu and Galena Park, verify each shipping manifest is properly documented and all copies are filed appropriately
• Maintain Safety Data Sheets in the SDS database
• This position can require additional job responsibilities extended to all Targa departments
• This position will utilize PC programs for the generation of correspondence, reports charts, statistics, flow sheets, and production data collection for report purposes
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver license
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with high degree of professionalism
• Ability to prioritize daily work schedule to meet business needs with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a team environment, including the ability to be accountable for individual job duties assigned
• Have good problem-solving skills
• Capable of developing documentation used to complete tasks
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work group
• Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 30 pounds
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting for long period of time, ability to utilize PC skills for extended durations including meeting environments
• Reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions may be made
• Associates Degree or Higher
• 5+ years experience as an administrative assistant
• Ability to work overtime to meet business needs
• Ability to work with peers in collaborative efforts
• Experience working within a team environment; self-motivated; ability to work with others in collaborative efforts