Skills: Client Representative, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD70 - CAD75 per hour
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within Canada. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is looking for a HSE Specialist for a contract role in Calgary Alberta. This role will likely be converting to a permanent role at the end of the year. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for driving motor vehicle safety initiatives within the business unit. Focusing on implementing effective motor vehicle safety (MVS) processes and initiatives for employees and business partners to reduce risk associated with transportation and driving within the Clients operational control
- Primary contact with MVS systems providers and responsible for reviewing vehicle monitoring data, treading risks, recommending safeguards and communicating MVS performance within the Business Unit
- Participate/leads HES initiatives as required or requested by the HES leadership team and/or supervisor
- Support occupational hygiene processes and initiative for all field-based employees and business partners
- Keeps direct supervisor (HES Superintendent), informed about all potential high exposure risks, near misses, performance and MVS incidents in a timely manner
- Builds and maintains solid relationships with other functional subject matter experts (drilling/completions, construction, operations) to ensure alignment of priority HES/OE initiatives
- Participate in field based Operational Excellence (HES) assurance activities
- May acts as an incident investigation team member for serious or probable serious MVS or other incidents
- Liaison with client corporation MVS Advisors in other Business Units and corporate.
- A bachelor's degree in Occupational, Health and Safety, Engineering or related field is required, however consideration may be given to individuals with an OH&S diploma (2 yr.) with suitable combination of post- education and experience
- Must currently have or be able to obtain Canadian Registered Safety Profession (CRSP) or equivalent certification
- Minimum 7 years' of HES upstream petroleum experience in drilling/completions, facility/pipeline construction and production operations are required. Must understand key risks/safeguards in upstream operations
- Experience in HES contractor (business partner) management is necessary to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence key stakeholders outside of the HES
- Understanding of Alberta and BC OH&S regulations and a working knowledge of environmental regulations is required
- Demonstrated ability to interact, influence, work collaboratively, build consensus and resolve issues proactively with stakeholders.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration among various individuals in the HES work team (Calgary) and functional supervisors in the field. Seeks alignment and removes barriers to cooperation and teamwork across organizations and functions.
- Visible strong interpersonal skills, comfortable as a role model for corporate values, can work effectively with a diverse group of people and establish trust with fellow employees. Can provide and receive honest constructive feedback and demonstrates skills to challenge in a non-confrontational way.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel to field sites (drilling, completions, construction, operations) approximately 5% of the time
- Must have a valid Alberta class 5 driver's license
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.