Saudi Geophysical have a valid Supplementary Manpower (SMP) contract with Saudi Aramco, and are recruiting for a Geologist – Unconventional
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in geology or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree is preferred and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for master degree and two years for Ph.D.
- 12+ years' experience with at least 5-10 years in unconventional plays including shale or tight gas, with US experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required. We will consider candidates with more or less experienced depending on the quality of their experience.
- The candidate will have experience in exploration geoscience, with exposure to the several of the following areas; regional stratigraphic and structural framework to evaluate unconventional plays, determine potential and risk of future prospective regional trends.
- Develops ideas, and creates plans and organizes unconventional projects or specialized studies to realize corporate objectives.
- Working experience in structural characterization of natural fractures and impact on unconventional reservoirs, sequence stratigraphic analysis, geochemistry, petroleum systems and basin modeling, reservoir characterization of unconventional hydrocarbons plays (tight gas, shale gas, unconventional oil), log analysis and interpretation in unconventional reservoirs and/or experience locating and providing geological support to drilling operations in unconventional plays