Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Job Title: QA/QC Team Lead
Reporting to: Asset Integrity Manager
Manage the Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) activities in line with
(the Company) Quality Management System (QMS),
ensuring scopes are clearly defined, executed and closed out in a timely manner.
Ensure that risks related to the purchase or fabrication of equipment are
adequately assessed, prioritised and managed as per the Company procedures.
Lead onshore and offshore QA/QC activities during engineering or fabrication
Key Result Areas
1. Develop / Implement a QMS, including a Quality Policy that encompasses all
phases of engineering or fabrication projects.
2. Define, plan and manage all QA/QC related activities, resources, schedule in
accordance with the Company QMS.
3. Lead and manage a multi-cultural team of QA and QC personnel on a day to
day basis across multiple sites.
4. Review and approve quality plans, procedures, Inspection and Test Plans
developed by Engineering, Fabrication teams or Engineering, Procurement
and Construction contractors.
5. Ensure that the phases of the projects comply with the Company's quality
standards and requirements. Establish and carry out project quality audit
6. Manage third party inspection agencies, including involvements and
requirements on specific projects.
7. Instigate and attend regular progress and quality meetings with the Project
Managers, Quality Engineers, Inspectors, Surveyors and third parties.
8. Monitor project quality activities to identify any concerns and deal with these in
an appropriate manner. Coordinate and communicate with the project
contractor on project quality issues.
9. Performs internal audits of Dubai Petroleum Management Systems, external
audit of suppliers and fabricators;
10. Ensure that Quality Non-Conformance (QNC) reports are raised in the
Company's e-system and corrective actions swiftly tracked until closure.
11. Investigate QNCs, establish root causes and issue project lessons learned.
12. Develop and agree Quality Key Performance Indicators and ensure that
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
- Degree preferably in an engineering or a quality management discipline.
- Lead auditor qualification.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, related to
the production, transportation and storage of oil and gas from both offshore
and onshore facilities, including pipelines.
- 10 years minimum of QA/QC experience in engineering or project
- In depth understanding of the scope and application of ISO 9001.
- Experience of inspection including fabrication, welding, Nondestructive
Testing, pressure testing and painting.
- Strong skills demonstrated in project management, leadership and contractor
- Demonstration of managing successful fabric maintenance project.
- Abilities to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent in data control / management, reporting.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.