Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER (FABRICATION)
Primary Purpose of Job
Manages a multi-disciplinary team of QP and Contractor's supervisors and technical manpower in coordination with the Lead Engineer (Mech. Field Support), providing engineering and management direction, such as design reviews, resource planning and allocation, quality and safety, guidance and advice on several projects pertaining to multi-disciplinary works in the Workshop Section and Refinery units related to major overhauling and repair maintenance of all tanks, heaters, vessels, heat exchangers, piping, etc., ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance to Standard and requirements.
B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in the relevant discipline.
Experience & Skills
- Required to have multi-disciplinary background of about 8 to 10 years in a similar capacity in engineering or mechanical construction, with exposure to stationary and rotary equipment, Welding & Fabrication, Machining, dynamic balancing, etc.
- Should have awareness of international engineering norms and standards.
- Should be able to manage capital engineering projects from grass root level up to commissioning stage, with awareness of projects accounting and administration.
- Experience in answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, troubleshooting, improving engineering tools, and developing procedures
- Good knowledge and command in English. Required to possess a well developed intuitive engineering sense. Familiar with RIS, SAP, IMS and computerized maintenance management system.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.