The Technical Service Engineer is responsible for providing comprehensive hydroprocessing/hydrocracking technical support to Criterion Catalysts customers. This is an exciting role that interfaces Shell with external customers and help them improve their margins via catalyst solutions.
Typically this includes:
- Preparation and on-site advice for start-up and catalyst activation.
- Unit monitoring, providing trouble shooting and optimization advice during the catalytic cycle.
- Preparation of technical part of proposals to win business, both for retaining existing as well as winning new customers.
- Marketing of new products/services by demonstrating the technical benefits to customers.
- Activity exploring new business opportunities for Criterion/Zeolyst in the Asia Pacific market especially China.
- Working closely with local PTD colleagues
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or a MS Degree in Chemistry (or equivalent) of Technical University (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of refining in general and hydroprocessing and hydrocracking in particular
- Strong communication skills are essential
- The individual must have strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem solving
- The individual must be proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Minimum of 8 years experience in refining technology support.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis particularly in the area of hydrotreating is a plus
- Ability/experience to cooperate with Shell PTD, the Shell Group as a whole and outside parties (clients, Engineering Contractors, etc.) is a plus
- Travel 40% of the working time
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.