Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Performs routine and more advanced, sampling services activities, as well as other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs the following types of reservoir fluid sampling & analysis services: Production sampling and DST sampling & evaluations. Assist with all other aspects of sampling services as directed.
- Ability to perform all duties in a manner compliant with all HSE protocols in an independent and unsupervised environment.
- Ability to travel to any job site and remain on job site as long as required to perform the services requested by client in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain detailed sampling logs and notes.
- Input required sampling data into LIMS in an accurate and timely manner.
- Explain on-site activities to client and their representatives. Interpret results of sampling services activities to other Sampling Services personnel and management.
- Participate in the following Sampling Services activities - maintenance of equipment inventory, calibrations, general maintenance, research as directed, product development as directed, and general improvement of Sampling Services processes.
- Advise management, technical personnel, and representatives of other organizations or activities.
- Assist in training co-workers in various aspects of Sampling Services.
- Performs Sampling Services duties throughout the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and internationally as assigned.
- Handle on-call duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned, primarily at RFS's Broussard, Louisiana facility, to include but not be limited to technician work in the PVT & ASTM/GC/Water Analyses Laboratories, general facility & equipment maintenance, specific Sampling Services area maintenance, TVP services as well as off-facility projects.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess valid driver's license, current passport, and maintain organization's HSE requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.