The Risk Analyst EOD function is part of the Market Risk Department. The position serves an important role within the company to ensure compliance with numerous Market Risk and other Finance procedures.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate Market Risk data is available for several groups, including Management, Market Risk and Accounting, as well as delivering all daily activities required to run the end of day processes for the Market Risk group such as loading and validating prices, maintaining configurations in the Risk Systems, and resolving issues as they arise.
The Analyst operates as a shared service resource to support the Market Risk organization. The successful candidate will be working closely with colleagues outside of his/her immediate team. Responsibilities
- Running the end of day process for the Products Market Risk Group. This includes importing prices, deal processing and investigating any issues that arise; creating and maintaining daily and monthly recurring tasks; modifying and maintaining numerous spreadsheets and processes.
- Timely and accurate validation of forward curves and understand how EOD impacts the overall business.
- Troubleshooting problems with prices or deals in the Market Risk systems and coordinating with IT support staff to resolve issues for internal customers including but not limited to Management, Market Risk and Accounting.
- Own the Close to business process responsibilities and work closely with Process Improvement Analyst to automate this task. Will need to work with STUSCO Analyst to liaise coverage and training to reinforce new changes and ways of working.
- Manage curve maintenance process including setting all daily forward broker prices ensuring Holiday Calendar, Date Sequence, Ticker, Book Structure, Templates and Projection methods are operating correctly.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative price validation processes ensuring physical location mappings are robustly challenged.
- Work in a fast-paced open environment, demonstrate proficiency in consistently following instructions, show ability to discover pattern breaks and other indicators of possible process errors, meet tight deadlines, handle a variety of requests, and identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- Work on extended hours if necessary due to unforeseen process overruns. The individual must possess good problem-solving and communications skills to facilitate solutions in such after-hours situations.
- Alternative work schedule due to End of Day duties. This includes coverage on some Holidays.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum two (2) or more years of relevant experience within a trading and risk management organization.
- Strong understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls.
- Proven proficiency in all aspects of Endur or comparable energy trading risk management system and ability to fully leverage its functionality.
- Amenable to work on an alternative work schedule and potentially late hours. Able to work on US holidays.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VBA and SQL is a plus.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results oriented.
- Team player, good interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge commercial team members.
- Innovative and creative, excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Continues improvement mindset.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.