Skills: Field Service Tech, Fracturing, Stimulation
Other Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for learning and identifying all pieces of treating iron for fracturing jobs (i.e. floppers, check valves, dart valves, 2x1 valves, suction manifolds, hoses, etc), and applying acquired knowledge in the field.
- Learns how to drive and operate BJ Services Fracturing trucks and equipment; progresses to independently driving Iron, Sand, BASS and Auxiliary Sand trucks
- Assists in performing emergency roadside repairs as required
- Assists Field Operators and Supervisors with rigging in / out fracturing equipment for service
- Lifts, carries and moves iron pipes and fracturing equipment to / from trucks and well site
- Assembles and disassembles iron and fracturing pieces
- Monitors and manipulates sand control gauges, transfer belt controls, valves, and other hydraulic equipment to control sand flow to Blender
- Increase or decrease flow speed as needed
- Maintains truck and equipment to BJ Services standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre-and post-trip
- Learns and assists Field Operators and Supervisors with performing routine maintenance on fracturing equipment (i.e. quarterly maintenance inspections, 200 & 400 hour inspections and services on trucks and equipment).
- Learns and is responsible for completing required paperwork and submitting it to the appropriate parties accurately and on time (i.e. fuel log report, timesheets and log books, maintenance reports, month-end expense reports, trip permits, etc).
- Maintains BJ Services Safety Standards always: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
- Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents and injuries immediately to supervisor.
- Attends weekly Safety Meetings.
- All other duties assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up-to to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Permit
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team; strong sense of teamwork
- Problem recognition and solving skills
- Highly safety conscious
- Highly motivated and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work a work schedule of 15 days on, 6 days off, and travel up to 100%
PREFERRED - EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- CDL License, Class A
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Familiarity with oilfield terminology and equipment a plus
- Working knowledge of Emergency Response Plans, Location and use of all required safety equipment, Firefighting and hydrogen sulfide beneficial
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
It’s an exciting time to work at BJ Services.
Join our high-performing team and support our mission to bring high reliability to the oilfield and deliver exceptionally safe and consistent high service quality.
Our cultural foundation is built on our people who deliver fresh ideas, focus on safety, provide superior technical expertise and grow our business through predictable, repeatable pressure pumping services.