Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Deploy and configure new Public Cloud tenants via automation - Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
- Provide day-to-day support to existing customers and ensure that the team is always exceeding their expectations
- Develop system health metrics for both real time monitoring and usability recommendations
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability
- Participate in security initiatives, including access control and vulnerability testing
- Maintain documentation of the infrastructure and suggest areas for improvement
- Assist in maintaining platform availability to defined levels
- Troubleshoot and address infrastructure issues as necessary
- Collaborate with the Cloud Automation team on shared objectives on future desired state
- Assist in the validation of new automations in Azure and AWS if the need arises
- Investigate new technologies and methodologies to better support the product
- Coach and mentor other team members as needed
- Participate in an on-call rotation as required
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field and 3+ years of professional work experience in Public Cloud operations or customer-oriented environments
- Experience with Public Cloud PaaS/SaaS solutions such as App Services, App Insights, Storage Accounts, Resource Groups, and monitoring tools, EC2, S3, route53, IAM
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A moderate-to-advanced understanding of the infrastructure components and offerings of Public Cloud
- Strong Windows System administration skillsets
- Strong to Moderate Linux (RHEL preferred) is a big plus
- Light-to-moderate understanding of Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Kubernetes
- Ability to understand and develop CI/CD pipelines for automations
- Light-to-moderate scripting and programming skills which may be required for automating some of the tasks in the future - VBA, Python, Java, Shell scripting, PowerShell
- General knowledge of designing and implementing GUI-based web pages/dashboards aimed to gather and present information to account, sales, and other stakeholder teams.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Calle 113 #7-80, 3.Floor Torre, Bogota, Cundinamarca-DNU, , Colombia
Requisition Number: 72349
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.