Skills: Drilling Consultant, Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor, OIM
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Barrow Island, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia - headquartered in Perth - operates two of Australia's largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects, Gorgon and Wheatstone.
Chevron Australia and its joint venture participants recently announced a decision to proceed with future offshore development at the Chevron-led Gorgon natural gas facility off the northwest coast of Western Australia. The Gorgon Stage Two (GS2) Project is part of the original development plan for Gorgon and includes the expansion of the subsea gas gathering network required to maintain long-term natural gas supply to the 15.6 million tonne per annum (MTPA) LNG plant and domestic gas plant on Barrow Island.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Drill Site Representative (LDSR) to join the GS2 project and oversee the drilling and completing of new development wells. This is a 1-year maximum term role and will be based offshore at the drill site in the Jansz field. This role is four weeks on, four weeks off rotational roster and will report to the Drilling Superintendent in Perth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure rig site operations are carried out according to the approved drilling and completion program and company standards with a primary focus on safe, reliable and efficient operations
- Ensure all rig activities are conducted in a manner that is consistent with the Chevron Way
- Demonstrate visible Operational Excellence leadership behaviours through active participation in behaviour-based safety programs, Stop Work Authority, proactive leadership and personal commitment
- Ensure that Drilling Contractor and Business Partner activities at the rig site are conducted per the requirements of the approved Safety Case and Environmental Plan
- Lead recognition and award for rig team members demonstrating appropriate behaviours
- Support incident investigation and review process for all incidents and significant near miss events
- Leads as appropriate, onsite activities of Chevron's Emergency Response Plan and Oil Spill Operational Response Procedures
- Manage the execution of the well centre, and lease operations associated with well construction activities
- Conduct analysis of operational problems and recommend solutions to the Drilling Superintendent based on experience and sound technical analysis
- Ensure relevant rig team members are appropriately qualified and exercised in well control operations
- Ensure proper utilisation of Management of Change procedures
- Review and challenge programs and procedures ensuring proper consideration of Health Environment and Safety and operational efficiency have been incorporated
- Support critical well planning processes including risk assessments and design reviews via teleconference from the rig
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
- Provides direct mentoring and coaching to trainee engineers and less experienced drill site representatives
Key skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 20 years oil and gas drilling experience
- A minimum of 12 years offshore drilling and completions experience on a dynamically positioned mobile offshore drilling unit. This experience shall come from being a Toolpusher, Offshore Installation Manager or an Operating Company / Consultant Drill Site Representative
- At least 5 years of experience as the lead or senior Drill Site Representative on a dynamically positioned 5 th or 6 th drillship in water depths greater than 1000 metres
- Previous experience with rig start-up operations is preferred
- Demonstrated deepwater experience with drilling operations, open hole gravel pack completions and installing upper completions run with electric-hydraulic subsea test-tree
- Demonstrated skills in well control operations and should be current with Subsea Supervisor Well Control certification
- A record of operational excellence achievement with a focus on incident free operations and a history of improving operating efficiency and rig / equipment reliability
- Fully versed in implementing and ensuring Company Well Standards and execution requirements are met
- Demonstrated skills in applying risk analysis in decisions on well operations in conjunction with office-based support
- Experience making decisions with limited data under operational conditions, incorporating lessons learned and performance data
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and discuss complex operational matters with onshore engineers and regulatory agencies inspecting the drillship
- APITO approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest liquefied natural gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Thursday 18 April 2018, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.