The PEI Engineer is the subject matter expert for pressure equipment and other mechanical process equipment. They prepare guidelines for sites, advise on inspection results and oversee new installations and repairs to ensure Shell and local standards are attained. Reports to the General Manager but has a support role for all the manufacturing sites
• Provide pressure equipment engineering services for Design, Analysis, Re-rating, and fitness for continued service.
• Apply knowledge of basic corrosion and other degradation mechanisms to design of new and maintenance of existing equipment.
• Oversee defined programs for sustaining pressure equipment integrity
• Perform technical evaluations of bids of Pressure Vessels and API Storage Tanks
• Work with Reliability Engineer and Pressure Equipment Inspector to maintain the site assets.
• Oversee equipment repairs on an as-needed basis
• Support investigations on all failures of pressure equipment to determine the cause or suspected cause
• Working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and recommended practices.
• Primarily support Bay Area Catalyst Manufacturing Sites Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering. Other Engineering degrees acceptable with relevant experience.
- At least five years of pressure equipment engineering, or plant engineering.
- Understanding of ASME Codes and standards and knowledge of API 510, 570, and 650.
- Technical experience with both solids and liquids handling equipment in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make presentations to groups.
- Ability to manage third-party service providers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.