Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under broad direction, performs some of the functions of a PDC or Service Coordinator (in addition to responsibilities as a Service Specialist for the Surface Well Testing product service line) on a location or project of insufficient size to warrant a full-time PDC or Service Coordinator.
- Interacts with customers and supervises the activities of completions service and/or shop personnel to exceed customer requirements.
- May oversee the activities of more than one Product PSL.
- Job emphasis is on personnel development, operational excellence and customer satisfaction for long-term growth and profitability of incumbent's area of responsibility (geographic area or a project).
- May provide facilities management.
- Ensures that all activities are performed in compliance with HMS processes.
- Ensures that customer satisfaction and job performance data is gathered.
- Contacts customer for performance follow-up and to plan future work.
- Mentors and assesses Surface Well Test Service Specialists, Service Operators and Operator Assistants.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of high school or similar education and 2 years of experience as a Service Specialist III - Surface Well Testing.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness and ensures compliance with all applicable Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) procedures and regulations in his/her area of responsibility.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Service Specialist III- Surface Well Testing and management experience.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree preferred.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Opportunities may exist in multiple locations.
Additional Locations for this position:
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
PSL: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.