Skills: Project Engineer, Reservoir Engineering, Geologist
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Under general supervision, applies knowledge of Testing and Subsea (TSS) products and services to acquire essential reservoir data through the use of TSS equipment on a customer's location.
- Provides technical and operational expertise to external customers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for pre-planning, job execution, post-job analysis, and overall performance of company assets on location.
- Develops and maintains personal relationships with the technical customer base and provides technical support to the Associate Field Professional (AFP) and Field Professional (FP) staff.
- May maintain job schedules and liaise with customers on technical issues including performance review and process improvements to better support the needs of the customer.
- May work with the local Business Development personnel to insure customers are kept current on technology.
- May initiate, review, and close Correction, Prevention, Improvement (CPI)s pertaining to Technology.
- Performs assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
- Expands knowledge base to Reservoir Evaluation.
- Works independently and may provide work direction to others at site.
- Functions as a communications link between customer and the Solutions Team.
- Consults with Product Service Lines (PSL) regarding equipment needs and specifications.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
- This position is a mentoring role over the ATPs in a service center.
- Skills acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Physics, Geology or Math and 4 years of experience in field operations which includes experience in well testing.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Howemoss Crescent , Aberdeen , Aberdeen , AB21 0GN , United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 72453
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.