Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
SES, a wholly owned subsidiary of WorleyParsons is recruiting a Electrical Technician based in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk on a full-time, permanent basis.
Work as a technician prepaing, inspecting, testing and recertifying Electrical tools and equipment as required. Support warehouse staff in carrying out warehouse activites, completing inward & outgoing quality control checks while complying with SES, Parent Company & Client Values and Legislative requirements.
Key Aim & Objective:
Support the Great Yarmouth Operations Team to provide fit for service Plant & Equipment with appropriate certification. Carry out service/repsits in line with the company procedures.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through language, behaviour and actions.
- Demonstrate recognition and responsibility for the safety of colleagues and others on site.
- Promote and encourage team safety in Tool Box Talks & Risk Assessments.
- Good working knowledge and experience of mechanical plant and equipment.
- Carryout Inspection, repair and maintenance of wide variety Plant & Equipment including Electrical/ Welding equipment within limits of authorisation.
- Report and document faults in a timely manner and to appropriate standard.
- Assist in the safe loading and unloading equipment.
- If required work on site or support the other depots for cover.
- If working on other sites or depots, ensure all local working procedures are clearly understood at all times
- Repairs/test client owned equipment.
- Provide Backload inspection / minor repairs.
- Report any faults & repair costs found in Electrical/Welding returned from clients.
- Undertake any product training required.
- Comply with the company's environmental policy.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company safety plans and approved processes and in accordance with SES procedure's.
- Attend the daily scheduled safety brief.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by management
Qualifications may be achieved through the following routes:
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
- More recent apprenticeships or training routes can result in the following awards (not all)
- Technical qualification with applicable electrical background - City and Guilds / BTec/NC/ NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation / SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
- AM2 - Applicable for those in England who have achieved an Electrical Qualification through the adult entry site assessment route. Checks should be made to ensure AM2 has been achieved.
- COMPEX EX01,EX02, EX03, EX04 (5 Years' experience mandatory for this role)
- Risk Assessment
- Managing Health & Safety
- ONC/HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- IEE Current Edition
- PAT Testing Qualfication
- Compueter Literate, familiar with Microsoft office
- Forklift License
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).