Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Under direct supervision, assists the Service Supervisor during all phases of providing slickline services.
- Assists with pre-job product and service equipment preparation (assembly, test, mobilization) and service performance at the well site.
- Confirms that unit, WPCE and downhole tools are ready, complete and correct for the job. Completes all well site and post-job paperwork.
- Assists with post-job demobilization, clean up and repair of service equipment and products.
- Demonstrates knowledge of third party well site activities that could negatively impact slickline job execution.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills related to HSE related activities - site assessments and risk analyses, onsite safety meetings, PPE use, documentation, etc.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, all employees must be able to execute written and verbal instructions and effectively exchange information with peers and superiors that will increase the likelihood of job success.
- Every employee must be able to work as an effective team member.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations is required.
- Basic reading and writing skills are required. Basic computer skills are required.
- This is a development position with the expectation that all Service Operators will advance to the Service Specialist position.
- Develops all remaining skills required to be able to provide the basic slickline services at the customer well site without direct supervision.
- Develops and demonstrates a working knowledge of local CPS HMS processes.
- Develops and demonstrates the ability to perform the pre-job review of the job design to understand the total job scope, the desired result and the processes and tools to achieve success.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Yare Facility, South Denes Rd, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 3QF, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 72230
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.