Skills: HR - General
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seria, Belait District, Brunei
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The HR Representative is responsible for providing support to employees and managers on topics including, but not limited to, hiring, relocation, benefits, career development, performance appraisals, compensation and promotions. He/she may be the first line of contact for management/employee queries and is expected to have a good grasp of the HR/business issues with appropriate and proactive measures to regularly improve HR performance and employee motivation. He/she assists the HR Manager in the design, development and implementation of various policies, programs and procedures and is responsible for administering these as directed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback.
- Organizes and conducts employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation.
- Acts as first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues and/or concerns about motivation and job satisfaction.
- Advises and assists business/line managers on interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs.
- Supports line management on a variety of HR tools and processes
- Coordinates internal and external training and recruitment activities.
- Screens and reviews applications and may interview applicants.
- Assists in organizing internal teambuilding events and external local community events.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- HR related Degree with 2 to 5 years' Personnel or HR experience
- Willing to work in Seria, Brunei.
- Fluent in Malay and English.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.