Skills: Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Operations Controller is responsible for overall financial management and coordination of a Product Line in an Area, Geomarket. or Sub-Geomarket or Country.
This role provides financial support to the Controller and Operations Managers by assessing business trends, developing root causes of business issues, complying with Product Line's accounting practices and identifying opportunities for reduced costs and improved productivity/efficiency.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Responsible for the overall financial management and profitability of the Product Line within a Geomarket.
* Responsible for monitoring the working capital within the Product Line such as Asset efficiency measurement/tracking and optimization of inventory level.
* Understanding of inventory processes, days on hand, evaluating obsolescence provision adequacy, and assessment of future business needs.
* Highlights trends on cost inflation and identifies opportunities to save/reduce discretionary spend to supply chain.
* Works closely with the Operations to ensure that the operations within the Geomarket is conducted in compliance with the local laws (i.e. importation, license to operate, bidding requirements...etc)
* Ensures that all financial transactions are recorded in compliance with the SLB policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to corporate ethical policies and internal controls. Organize periodic audits internally and assist in external audits.
* Practical application of Product Line specific accounting complexities such as Costs/Revenue recognition (e.g. Performance based, gain share, multi-elements, Bill & Hold, IPM) as well as Product Line's FPs (i.e. FP220, FP211/2, FP224...etc)
* Reviews all major tenders (risks and opportunities), contractual terms and evaluate impact on IBT associated with pricing in bids vs. optimization of people/resources (i.e. FA, Inventory, M&S...).
* Ensure timely completion of Balance Sheet notes for Product Line specific accounts and assess exposures (including currency risk)
* Analyze utilization ratios (both in tools and people) with view to highlighting inefficient locations/sub-Product Lines and opportunities to maximize value of resources.
* Coordinate the preparation of all financial forecasts and ensure that the goals are challenging but realistic relative to overall market expectations and available resources.
* Review and examine the financial impact of new and existing investment opportunities with a view to maximizing the Product Line's return on investment (ROI).
* Review and approve all material non-FTE Capital Acquisition Reviews (CAR's), and long-term lease commitments.
* Complete/review monthly financial review/reporting, monitors results versus objectives, highlight underlying reason for variances and suggest corrective actions wherever required.
* Understands, reviews and implements Sarbane Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix (i.e. revenue recognition monthly assessment, provisions for contingency, review of Product Line ICQ, QCC...etc)
* Finance or Accounting Degree
* Fluent in Malay and English
* Minimum 5 years in the mentioned financial role
* Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur City Center
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.