Skills: Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia leads the development of two of Australia's largest natural gas developments - the Gorgon and Wheatstone Projects - and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Subsea Factory Lead to join the Major Capital Projects (MCPs) team. This two-year maximum term role will be based in Perth and will report to the General Manager, MCPs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and implement a central support subsea organisation to support multiple MCPs
- Lead the definition and implementation of roles which will be supporting projects from the central organisation versus those skills residing on specific project teams
- Support the business unit strategy and implementation of subsea standardisation
- Provide leadership support across multiple MCPs within the Australia business unit
- Directly supervise subsea engineers in the central support team and work collaboratively with functional leaders to deliver subsea projects and ultimately ensure the gas supply plan is realised
- Collaborate with drilling and completions and operations and apply lessons learned to improved reliability design changes
- Leverage best practices with a good cost management focus to achieve the best results for Chevron
- Exhibit essential capital project behaviours (focus on the work, align and inspire, build relationships, deliver results) and effectively implement MCP strategies
- Lead the development and implementation of organisational and process changes
- Lead and collaborate across multiple project and functional teams
- Drive substantial change across multiple functional organisations and projects
- Assess and implement career development plans, mentoring and job placements to build organisational capability and lead a high-performing work team
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Deep technical expertise including subsea equipment working on multiple oil and gas MCPs
- Significant experience with project management systems, engineering standards and design assurance processes on MCPs
- Deep subsea technical expertise including demonstrated installation with tieback experience working on MCPs
- Experience influencing contractor organisation performance and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in contract management activities associated with the negotiation and award of subsea equipment contracts
- A commitment to operational excellence including experience in design safety
- Demonstrated track record in working with operations and engineering teams to apply lessons learned to improve reliability design changes
- Travel is required to international locations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest oil and gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Friday 19 April 2019, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.