Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Facilities Management, Facilities Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia - headquartered in Perth - operates two of Australia's largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects, Gorgon and Wheatstone.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Delivery Manager to join the Jansz-Io Compression (JIC) team responsible for the delivery of the semi-submersible Floating Control Station (FCS) Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) scope of work. The 4-year maximum term role will initially be based in Perth and then transition to the fabrication yard until completion and will report to the Execution Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver the Normally Unattended Installation (NUI) FCS semi-submersible scope as part of the JIC project
- Manage the FCS EPC pre-qualification and tender package preparation and issue, negotiations and associated award including the detailed engineering, procurement and construction of the NUI FCS scope
- Provide support and design input to the FCS Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) team
- Lead efforts to implement transformational contracting to deliver competitive performance with strategic relationship providers
- Implement Major Capital Project (MCP) strategies effectively
- Provide strong leadership skills within a multi-functional MCP team across all phases of FEED, detailed engineering, fabrication, system integration testing, transportation and hook-up and commissioning phases
- Lead effectively across multiple locations with contractors and owner team to proactively identify and resolve team and personnel issues
- Demonstrated fluency and experience with Chevron Project Management Systems, Capital Stewardship Organisational Capability leadership, the Performance Management handbook, and Chevron Australia Winning Behaviours
- Ensure willingness and the ability to manage diverse stakeholder interests, promote a corporate culture of openness and demonstrate enterprise-first behaviours
- Assess and implement career development plans, mentoring and job placements to build organisational capability and lead a high-performing work team
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline is required
- A minimum of 15 years relevant offshore facilities experience managing major capital projects involving detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, transportation, installation, and hook-up and commissioning of deep-water floating facilities
- Delivery manager experience involving EPC contracts for offshore floating facilities through the engineering, fabrication and testing phases
- Strong understanding of offshore transportation and installation techniques to support the Offshore Installation team
- Ability to manage interfaces and coordinate with other functional groups to manage across multiple work locations and to manage third-party contractor performance
- Willingness to travel to international locations to support FEED engineering activities and tender engagements with fabrication contractors. Position is likely to require re-location to the fabricators facility following contract award until final delivery is achieved
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships which contribute to business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest liquefied natural gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Thursday 18 April 2018, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.