Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an experienced Instrument Designer, with proficiency in SmartPlant INTools (SPI) to work with a leading EPC company based out of Lake Charles, LA. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Instrument Designer will be responsible for:
- Accomplishes assigned scope of work for instrument design
- Establishes design concepts and design data for assigned scope and assures technical accuracy and conformance to project requirements
- Prepares Engineering Change Request as required
- Reports progress and updates schedules for assigned tasks
- Researches suitable solutions and estimated cost and timescales
- Reviews vendor documents
- Independently evaluates the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals
- Applies standard engineering design tasks and exhibits a working knowledge of applicable codes
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates detailed phases of design work
- Reviews and generates design data from various inputs
- Performs the more sophisticated and complicated designs in accordance with established company standards
- Coordinates details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines
- Supervises, checks and assists other designers and drafters in their assignments
- Prepares and /or checks drawings as required
- Works with and communicates with HVEC design personnel
- Works on all Instrument design deliverables on the project, including wiring diagrams, location plans, installation details, loop diagrams, panel drawings, Remote Instrument Building layouts, 3D modeling etc.
- Efficient with design software such as AutoCAD, and 3D Modeling software such as Intergraph PDS and S3D, 2D modeling AutoCAD.
- 5 years + (mid-senior level Design personnel) of Instrumentation design experience related to oil & gas, refinery and petrochemical projects including 5 years as a lead designer
- Proficiency using AutoCad, MicroStation, SPI (InTools), SmartPlant 3D, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), 2D modeling AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of all project phases (Pre-feed, Feed, EPC), instrumentation materials and installation practices, and common mechanical equipment and packages
- Recent LNG or Ethylene project experience is a plus
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/