Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Lake Charles, LA. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Instrumentation Engineer is primarily responsible for the engineering, design, procurement and construction of Instrumentation and Control Systems.
Additional responsiblilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with industry codes and standards as well as Company Policies, Procedures and guidelines
- Developing/ improving department Procedures and Processes
- Designing and building within safety, quality, scope, quantity, cost, schedule and productivity targets
- Coordinating Instrumentation engineering and design with other engineering disciplines, clients, vendors and 3rd party Contractors
- Ensuring and performing effective scope and change management
- Reviewing design drawings such as location plans, layouts, panel/ termination details, installation details, and schedules
- Participating in Design Reviews for P&ID's, 3D Modelling, HAZOP, SIL/ LOPA, Constructibility and Value Engineering
- Procurement support including Inquiry Requisition, Technical Bid Evaluations, Purchase Requisition, vendor drawing review and FAT
- Providing support to construction, commissioning and startup
- Supporting proposals including review of ITT, clarifications, estimation of engineering man-hours, material quantities and cost
- Performing Field visits/ surveys
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 6-9+ years of experience in Instrumentation and Controls engineering, design, procurement and construction for oil & gas, refinery and Petrochemical projects
- Familiarity with all project phases (Pre-feed, Feed, EPC) and industry codes and standards; familiarity with MAC, Cryogenic Application, and Compressor Controls preferred
- Prior experience on LNG or Ethylene projects strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) or Smart Plant Foundation (SPF) in cloud environment preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the United States preferred
- Prior experience on Lump-sum Turnkey EPC Projects preferred; experience in estimation of man-hours, quantities and cost is a plus
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/