The Cost Estimating Lead will provide direct oversight and supervision for cost estimate preparation and quality assurance reviews for Company operated and Other Builder Operator estimates for cost estimates for all Gate and Funding milestones. The Estimating Lead will also coordinate the preparation of Check Estimates / Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals and Estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases). This person will also provide leadership and consulting to the Estimating Supervisor on the direction and progressing improvements to Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review improvements.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to all Level 1 tasks, a Level 2 would:
- Control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional position with advanced (10+ years) cost & schedule estimate development experience for oil and gas, chemical or power industry projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
- Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above
- Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting
- Knowledge of construction methods used in brownfield projects
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.