Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Lifting Equipment Engineer / Specialist III
MAIN FUNCTIONS Mechanical Engineer specialized in Cranes /Lifting Equipment Inspection.
Working within the Lifting and Hoisting department which is part of the Mechanical / Office Engineering Department responsible for the provision and inspection of Cranes and Lifting Equipment required supporting the workshop and field maintenance activities of the Gas to Liquids (GTL) Complex.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks. Level 3 will:
• Serve as Representatives on a daily basis Coordinating with Cranes Inspection Contractor any Ad- Hoc Inspection / Testing / Certification requests from Onshore and Offshore Stewards the Cranes and Lifting Gear Preventive Maintenance Works Program with the Cranes / Lifting Gear inspection • Subject Matter Expert on lifting equipment
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 20+ years' experience within the Petrochemical or associated Industry is high desirable
• A minimum at least of 10 years' experience within the Oil and gas industry preferred
• Bachelor's degree & qualified in Mechanical discipline or standards based qualification
• Ability to perform structural calculations (Structural Engineer)
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office suite of packages (Word and Excel competence is a must)
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English required
• Extensive experience in lifting equipment inspection
• Self-motivated Efficient and active, ability to manage contractors and push work forward
• Coordinate and Supervise the Inspectors on site, monitoring the progress of their work
• Team player with a good understanding of Health and Safety relating to lifting equipment
-Oversee crane & lifting work.
-Steward local procedures.
-Enforce local and national regulations.
-Understand complex lift plans.
-Evaluate worker skill level & intervene when needed.
-Lead safety meetings.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.