Job Purpose:To coordinate and supervise all activities at the waterfront related to loading of products to ship to ensure safe effective and efficient operations of all Marine related activities in SMDS whilst maintaining product quality.To ensure that the Jetty assets are operated safely, reliably and efficiently and tankers are berthed without delays as per scheduling requirements. To ensure quick turnaround of tankers, minimize demurrage and cargoes loaded within allowable gain/loss.To ensure that cargo loading operations at SMDS are efficiently managed, with no cargo contamination and marine pollution (tanker spills > 100kg = 0)
1. Ensure that loading operations and other related activities on board ship and at jetty are carried out safely. The Loading Master is authorized to stop operations whenever he deems situation is unsafe.
2. Ensure that no unnecessary delays that result in demurrage.
3. To perform nominated Ship Terminal Clearance suitability in the Global Maritime Assurance System (GMAS) and inform MK 4s accordingly.
4. Preparation/activities prior to ship's arrival:
- Closely liaise with appointed Ship agent on the Pre Arrival Notification and Arrival Advice.
5. Preparation/activities prior to loading:
- Ensure safe bulk liquid product loading by carrying out pre-operations safety checks in accordance with the established checklist
- Inspect ships tanks and decide on suitability to load the products.
- Ensure all vessel calling terminal to comply and made prior ISPS declaration to Port before granted berth.
6. Preparation/activities during loading:
- Ensure that loading arms and gangway are handled correctly.
- Ensure that there is no contamination of products.
- Ensure the right quality and quantity of product is loaded through proper sampling operations and quantity determination on board are carried out according to loading instructions.
- Conduct hourly ship/shore figures comparison and round check for surrounding Jetty facilities.
- Conduct four (4) hourly Ship/Shore Safety Check-List on terminal and ship throughout the entire loading without failure.
- Ensure all personnel/crew enter jetty fully comply with Terminal Standing Instruction all the time.
7. Preparation/activities upon completion of loadings:
- Record all activities connected with product loading and input all information into the computer.
- Prepare documentation of Bill of Lading based on Coriolis meter actual reading loaded quantity for Ship Master or appointed ship agent to sign off before sail of. In the absent of Shipping/Custom Administrator, loading Master will process all Customs & Shipping Documents.
- Update SAP delivery order with the actual quantity loaded and complete with Post Goods Issue immediately after loading completed
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is ready for the vessel's captain, customs and other relevant authorities, upon completion of loading.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Certified Shell Shore officer: Attended & passed SOITC
- 10 years of working experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Those with operations experience are encouraged to apply
- Computer skills required: Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP
- Able to work with little supervision and must be self-motivated & responsible.
- Preferably have been certified as a Shell Shore officer: Attended & passed SOITC
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.