Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Project Facilities Engineer located in Bakersfield, CA California through May 16, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron is the largest onshore producer in California, producing from six assets using both steam and waterfloods. Chevron is also a benchmark leader among peers in California and continues to improve margins through in-field development, optimization, and innovation.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The Project Facility Engineer (FE) is responsible for delivering quality facility projects, from alternative analysis through commissioning and start-up, on schedule and within budget.
- The Project FE position manages an average of 10 projects at a time.
- The project scopes range from facilities to support new well packages, as well as optimization and expansion projects in existing oil, water, and gas plants.
- The Project FE performs both basic engineering to support the projects and assures technical quality of engineering consultant's design deliverables. This position actively partners with process engineers, construction, operations, and subsurface development teams to assure their project planning and execution efforts meet business objectives.
- In addition, the Project FE is responsible for ensuring projects align with all safety, technical, and project processes.
- Proven ability to influence, engage and facilitate work groups, especially in managing interfaces with engineering consultants, construction, operations and subsurface development. Effective verbal and written skills in all interactions.
- The position will require up to 10% local travel in the San Joaquin Valley
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Chemical) required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in upstream or downstream facilities projects.
- Demonstrated strength in project management fundamentals and being able to right-size project management depending on project complexity. Experience completing engineering designs and completing design reviews.
- Ability to understand process safety risk, develop risk-based solutions, and effectively convey to business impact to all levels of the organization (e.g. from operations to senior leadership).
- Proven ability to influence, engage, and facilitate work groups, especially in managing interfaces with engineering consultants, construction, operations, and subsurface development. Effective verbal and written skills in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many different, simultaneous efforts at once and prioritize on work with most business impact. Demonstrated ability to understand and deliver to minimum requirements for success and to eliminate non-value added work. Demonstrated quick learning, initiative, and follow through to ensure delivery of intended value of a project.
- Master's degree
- Experience with Hysys, Pipephase or PHA
- API Codes and Standards
- Oil and gas upstream facility industry
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.