Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Engineer located in Richmond , CA California /United States.
Overview: Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Engineer located in Richmond, California, through April 3, 2019.
Position Details : Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Individual Work Contribution: Provide engineering support for various refinery processes including Crude and Vacuum Distillation, FCC/Alkylation, Solvent De-asphalting, Reforming, and Hydro-processing Units. Support requires answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process troubleshooting, and developing process procedures.
• Operations Support and Improvement: Participate in unit optimization teams to work on short and long term process improvement opportunities
• Business Improvement Network (BIN)/Refinery Support: Network with counterparts in other refineries to leverage shared expertise. Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics. Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
• Resource: Act as a resource for other work groups utilizing process knowledge to collaboratively develop and implement solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
• This position is for a process engineer with 2 - 15 years of experience in refining, chemical, or petrochemical industries. Military experience leading, troubleshooting, and operating complex equipment will be considered in lieu of industrial experience (for example, US Navy Nuclear Power experience). Expectations and role will be adjusted to align with experience level.
• Proven ability to effectively interface with Operators, Mechanics, Supervisors, and Management to complete projects and tasks on time and on budget to meet the business objectives.
• Proven ability to coach control operators about optimization opportunities and technical issues related to their units.
• Proven to be self-motivated with the ability to originate and facilitate rollout of new ideas. Ability to step up and take ownership of specific team efforts. Able to proactively champion technical issues and see them through to completion. Able to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
• Proven ability to seek out customer's needs and prioritize own work accordingly.
• Demonstrated good written and oral communication skills. Strong ability to work well with other Refinery groups in cross-functional teams. Able to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery.
• Demonstrated knowledge of refinery or petrochemical processes/equipment and understanding of the interaction between process units is essential.
• Proven experience in oil refining technologies such as distillation, hydro-processing, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Reforming, Sulfur/Amine, etc. is a plus, but not essential.
• Proven experience in turnaround planning or capital project work is desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge of environmental project impacts and permits is a plus but not essential.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the planning/business side of refinery is desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge and basic understanding of advanced control is desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with process simulation software packages is desirable.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.