The Woodlands, Texas, United States
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Electrical Engineer independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to concurrent engineering projects. This will be responsible for interacting with Project Managers and other discipline engineers on projects. Capable of functioning as the Electrical Engineer working with a Lead Electrical Engineer on the execution of all power, automation and controls discipline work for small, mid-sized and large scale upstream and midstream oil & gas projects. The Electrical Engineer will work as part of a project team in the execution of capital projects for new construction as well as pipeline & facility upgrades and improvements. This position will report to the Engineering Manager of EPC Services and is located in The Woodlands, TX.
Primary Job Functions:
- Interacts with Project Managers and other engineers
- Directs project workflow of engineers, designers and drafters to ensure project completion
- Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and the functional integration of individual project tasks
- Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of specialization with advanced working knowledge of other related disciplines
- Prepares or reviews discipline project specifications.
- Prepares or reviews requisitions for inquiry in support of purchasing equipment, materials, and subcontracts.
- Approves technical bid evaluations for equipment, materials, bulk materials and subcontracts in cooperation with Procurement Department.
- Prepares and reviews/approves switchgear and MCC building layouts.
- Develops and/or reviews one line diagrams, area classification and layouts as required by the discipline.
- Directs/observes factory acceptance testing of equipment.
- Reviews plot plans and facilities for electrical requirements.
- Coordinates with and provides liaison with client personnel relative to electrical activities.
- Reviews and approves vendor documents.
- Prepares or reviews engineering and design status reports, logs, work plans and project variances.
- Reviews the discipline scope of work to be executed to ensure it matches project specification and/or the proposal documents as appropriate.
- Accepts both short and extended term assignments to the site, client's office, etc. as may be requested by the Strike Facility Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for specifying/selecting various types of instruments and sizing of control valves, coordinating the correct installation of the equipment, and designing the interconnection of the equipment to the facility control systems and associated motor controls
- Will develop P&ID's, control loops, cause & effect diagrams, instrument datasheets, and control system block diagrams
- 5-7 years of experience in Low/Medium Voltage Power Systems, Instrumentation & Controls
- Experience with DCS and PLC based control systems, P&ID development, process operations and installations within CL1, DIV 1, DIV 2 environments is required
- PE required
- Four Year Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university required
- Experience with ETAP or SKM software is preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
- The candidate must exhibit the ability to work well in a team environment to complete tasks associated with a common goal or project
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the electrical engineering field
- Utilizes exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and emphasis on quality
- Accuracy, timeliness, tact, self-starter, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with both employees and managers
- Respect for confidentiality concerning employee information and company records
- Convey a positive and professional image to employees
- Maintain customer relationships
- Capable of representing Strike and Client to business associates in a professional manner
- Understanding of commercial and technical risk assessments
- Good communication, motivational skills with demonstrable leadership with ability for conflict resolution
- Willingness to assist and research enquiries, investigate and interpret data essential
- Good Commercial awareness
- Considerable experience in the practical application of Electric motors, generators, switchboards, transformers & other main components of electrical systems
- Considerable experience in the practical application of electrical equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Considerable experience in the practical application of Electrical Protection
- Considerable experience in the practical application of Power System Analysis
- Considerable experience in the application of UPS Equipment
- Considerable experience in the practical application of Power Management Systems
- Considerable experience in the practical application of the operation & control of gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, CAT engines & diesel/gas driven generators
- Considerable knowledge in electrical engineering principles and their application in engineering projects
- Considerable experience in the oil & gas industry and the application of electrical equipment therein
- Considerable knowledge of engineering materials used within discipline
- Considerable knowledge in the requirements and needs of other disciplines
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer.