Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Protect company's computers, networks, systems and data against threats such as security breaches, computer virus or attacks by cyber threat actors. Enforce company's cyber security policies and practices throughout the enterprise. Responsible for the day to day management of all enterprise cyber programs and activities including (data protection, incident response, threat management, vulnerability management, security architecture and engineering, cyber awareness training, and security risk management).
- Develop and maintain up to date security policy and standards for all enterprise systems.
- Develop and maintain company requirements for monitoring security events, responding to intrusion attempts and compromises, and deploying security updates to enterprise systems and end points.
- Lead the security evaluation of new and existing technologies and standardize enterprise system security configuration.
- Facilitate and/or conduct enterprise security assessments and pen test to identify risk and gaps. Provides input for risk mitigation and process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborating with key security vendors to resolve issues and identify root cause for security incidents and events.
- Manage and improve on methodologies over enterprise risk management, vendor risk management, and exception management.
- Manage all enterprise security infrastructure systems availability, service, and support.
- Lead all incident response activities for all reported real and potential enterprise cyber security events. Ensure that root causes are identified, and lessons learned are implemented into company standards and system requirements to prevent reoccurrence.
- Analyze and advise appropriate departments on new security technologies, emerging threats, and vulnerabilities in a timely manner..
- Educate employee base on matters pertaining to information security, including corporate policy, security procedures, best practices and situational awareness.
- Create and maintain an information security plan that ensures legal and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate work with other team members through the Director to implement and maintain best practice standards.
Bachelor of information technology or computer science, or any other BS with equivalent information technology experience preferred or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Security Certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years in an Information Security management position
- Minimum 5 years of Information Security Analyst/Engineering/Architect experience
- 5 - 10 years of Network/Infrastructure design/support experience
- Secure network architectures
- Network protocols and infrastructure designs; including cloud infrastructures, routing, firewalls, host and network intrusion detection systems, encryption, load balancing, Active Directory, DNS and other network protocols
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems and Virtualization technologies
- Identity and access management principles
- Cloud Security best practices and technologies
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), phishing and social engineering, network access controllers (NAC), gateway anti-malware and enhanced authentication
- Scanning and vulnerability management systems
- Proxy filtering systems
- Advanced Malware Protection
- Threat Intelligence
- Incident Response methodology
- Incident Management
- Communicate effectively (orally and written) with people at different levels
- Ability to create and deliver security-based presentations
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking individual who is deeply interested in the latest security developments and tools
- May be required to work late evenings, weekend hours, travel to remote or international locations
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment
- Must be able to work in high stress situations
- May be required to participate in periodic on-call after hours support
This person will be required to act as a lead in coordinating projects and can direct other team members through the Director.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.