Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Senior Piping Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen on a contract basis.
The candidate shall:
- Demonstrate a higher level of competence, research ability, technical knowledge and experience than would be expected of a Discipline Engineer.
- Be responsible for the creation, development and checking of engineering solutions for allocated jobs/projects.
- Report to the Lead Discipline Engineer on a particular project and, where appropriate, oversee the work of a small team of designers.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, the RDS Management Systems.
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Direction of Discipline Designer(s) allocated to own area of responsibility and frequent liaison to ensure coordination.
- Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both RDS and the Client.
- As delegated by Lead Discipline Engineer - Identification of scopes of work required to undertake a project / job. Estimation of deliverables, manpower and time required to execute the scope of work.
- Input to project plans and schedules.
- Originating engineering documentation for allocated workscopes, e.g. calculations, design reports and specifications, and checking similar documentation and workpacks created by others.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel and, if beneficial, carrying out presentations to site personnel regarding changes to their installation.
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Raising requisitions for purchase of engineered items and services, as directed by the Lead Discipline Engineer.
- Execution of work within manhour budget and time schedule.
- Early identification to the Lead Discipline Engineer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study with necessary corrective action identified.
- Checking engineering content of design deliverables for allocated workscopes, e.g. drawings, bills of material.
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
- Communication, where appropriate, with Engineers of other disciplines to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Technical input to procurement and QA activities e.g. Technical Bid Evaluation, Criticality Rating.
- Identification of increase or reduction in scope of work and advising the Lead Discipline Engineer accordingly.
- Following discipline procedures for document control and use and retention of check prints / IDC comments prints as directed by the Lead Discipline Engineer.
- Representation of RDS with Clients and Suppliers / Vendors in a professional manner.
- Assistance to the Lead Discipline Engineer as directed.
- Act as discipline focal point to others in small single or multidisciplinary project team
- Demonstrates a higher level of competence, research ability, technical knowledge and experience than would be expected of a Discipline Engineer.
- Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer, e.g. progress meeting, as delegated by the Lead Discipline Engineer.
- Attendance at FAT's, Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments etc. as delegated by the Lead Discipline Engineer.
Key Skills & Experience
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in offshore Piping Design Engineering.
- It is desirable that at least a proportion of the candidates experience is with drilling pipework / equipment.
- Experience using ASME B31.3 design code.
- Experience with offshore surveys is essential, as is a valid offshore medical, MIST and BOSIET.
- Fully conversant with MS Office and, as a minimum, able to review AutoCAD files as well as Navisworks 3D Models.
- Ideally, the candidate shall have past experience originating drawings in AutoCAD. However, this is not essential.
- Successful candidate may be required to carry out offshore visits so all offshore certification would be an advantage (Survival, CA-EBS, MIST and OGUK Medical)
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.