Sacramento, California, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Other Skills: Chemical Plant,Refinery
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
~~The Project Engineer (PE) receives guidance from the Project Manager, and is responsible for leading all of the project's technical activities. During design, the PE manages development & application of project technical specifications, preparation & review of design deliverables, and procurement of engineered equipment & material. During construction, the PE oversees fabrication, construction, commissioning & start-up activities to ensure they conform to the project plans and objectives. The PE is responsible for the safety, operability, maintainability, cost-effectiveness, constructability, and reliability of the project facilities to fulfill the design intent of the project. This role typically begins early in Phase 2 and continues through the end of Phase 5.
In the Small Projects organization, the PE is typically assigned to one or more projects with a total installed cost of between $500k-20MM. The PE assists the Project Manager in providing overall leadership to the project team, focusing on providing work direction to the Engineering & Procurement (EP) contractor's multi-discipline personnel. The PE champions the fit-for-purpose use of tools & processes, including Value Improvement Practices (VIP) and Lessons Learned (LL).
• Ensures adequate communications with owner
• Leads development of the project technical scope of work, including engineering & design deliverables required - Identifies relevant standards applicable to the project.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for technical questions.
• Leads efforts to control project scope (Basis of Design, Design Changes, Field Changes).
• Reviews technical deliverables for compliance with project requirements, and participates in project design reviews (model reviews, PHA etc.).
• Manages technical deliverables from construction & commissioning contractors to ensure they meet project requirements for mechanical integrity & quality.
• Manages development & execution of the Project Start-up Plan, including facilitation of technical reviews of project Process Safety Information through the MOC & PSSR processes. Effectively engages Process Engineering Design, HES, Plant Protection, Operations, and Maintenance & Reliability in their review of project designs.
• Ensures recommendations from Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) are incorporated into project designs.
• Leads documentation & turnover of project technical information, Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), and Transfer of Care Custody & Control (TCCC) processes.
• Leads execution of the project's Permitting Plan, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and closure of all City Permits prior to PSSR.
• Leads development of the technical portions of the Project Quality Plan including planning activities such as auditing squad checks & engineering deliverables (30-60-90 reviews).
• Monitors engineering performance during project execution, both in the quality of their technical deliverables and in their effective progress toward project cost & schedule commitments. Reports quality team to Project Manager, and identifies improvement ideas.
• Oversees incorporation of project requirements into procurement specifications for engineered equipment/material including development of appropriate Inspection & Testing Plans. Facilitates submittal & review of vendor technical documents and attends vendor meetings/inspections as needed.
• Supports construction activities by facilitating effective use of the RFI-DCN and document control processes, as well as effective engagement.
• Effectively communicates with PM & other Project Team members.
• Engineering or Construction Management degree
• 15+ years proven experience - 5+years in a chemical plant setting
• PMP certification - preferred
• Experience in FEL development and estimating preferred
• Proven application of Stage-Gate Project methodology