Skills: Corrosion Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Azerbaijan
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide corrosion engineering support services to Oceaneering, assigned asset, clients, or their companies as required. Participate in and effectively report up on those services, and gain an appropriate range/ depth of successful experience to enable personal development to professional engineer status.
- Provide general corrosion engineering assistance to the Team Leader, Senior Corrosion and Senior Inspection Engineers
- Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices and review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point
- Participate in the risk based assessment process, and provide corrosion input and effectively interact with multi-disciplinary RBA or other process groups
- Input to the production and ongoing management of the asset Annual Inspection Plans and client planning process compliance for corrosion monitoring activities
- Assist with producing pipework inspection workscopes and workpacks as directed by the Senior Inspection Engineers
- Assist Senior Engineers with corrosion anomalies and failures
- Undertake or co-ordinate failure investigations into material and corrosion issues in accordance with prescribed or approved failure investigation procedures
- Become proficient in the use of ACET or other databases for processing corrosion data and producing corrosion risk assessments, and ensure effective data management within ACET database
- Deliver periodic reports, corrosion status of systems, identification and assessment of significant trends from surveys and Corrosion and Chemical Control Matrices
- Ensure all sampling and chemical monitoring activities are being correctly and timeously implemented for the assigned assets. Where required, effectively liaise with other contractors and sub contractors in relation to procurement of data and resolution of issues such as non conformances with chemical KPI's
- Maintain appropriate level of contact with Asset Teams, 3rd Parties and internal disciplines to ensure an effective Corrosion Inspection Management (CIM) service
- Attend TAR Meetings, RBA meetings, Asset Integrity meetings and technical practice documentation reviews as required and maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties to ensure an effective corrosion service
- Produce meeting minutes or notes as directed, monitor outstanding actions and minute the response from Oceaneering, the client and any other relevant parties
- Regularly review and assess corrosion monitoring and inspection data, highlight and notify any anomalies, discrepancies, shortfalls, trends or other significant issues which may arise in a timely manner to the Team Leader / Corrosion Engineer and Senior Inspection Engineer
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Degree in a recognised engineering or science related discipline and be committed to developing towards gaining and maintaining UK chartered status and corporate membership of at least one relevant learned institution
- Post graduate qualification in Corrosion Engineering
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum year of specific experience related to the job description in the oil and gas or related industries, or if exceptional academic qualification no previous work experience required (E)
- Have sound basic knowledge of and the ability to successfully apply relevant plant, process or production chemistry, structural and process materials properties and applicable national and international standards to corrosion engineering and/or related fields (E)
- Be familiar with QA/QC systems/ procedures and NDE techniques (P)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET (P) or if no previous experience, training must be completed in a timely manner
- Good team player (E)
- Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
- Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of and be able to use applicable national and international standards in the corrosion or related fields;
- Upper Intermediate level of English;
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.