Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Inspection Division is a major provider of engineering, inspection and non-destructive testing services, with worldwide capability to the petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Responsible for the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated installation and/or site to ensure that plant and equipment is certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislation ensuring feedback of results to client Asset Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Regulatory and client standard compliance.
- Support the Line Manager (LM) in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management.
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget and manage the CTR (Cost, Time & Resource) process.
- Assist with the implementation of an Integrity Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process.
- Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices and review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point.
- Provide technical leadership and authority in designated inspection discipline, designating work where applicable to junior engineers within their technical capabilities, review and check junior engineer output.
- Responsible for the production and ongoing management of the asset Annual Inspection Plans and client planning process compliance for corrosion monitoring activities.
- Responsible for inspection / integrity input to asset Turnaround (TAR) programmes.
- Responsible for suitability and technical content of the integrity management Written Schemes for appropriate pressure systems (e.g. pressure vessels, pipework).
- Ensure the effective application of non-invasive techniques and specialist technologies to limit intrusive inspection so as to maximise plant availability.
- Ensure effective data management within ACET database.
- Ensure effective compilation of work packs in liaison with Technical Authorities (TAs) in compliance with Oceaneering and client procedures and planning criteria.
- Accountable for ensuring timely execution of the defined inspection plan, co-coordinating with planner, maintenance and site teams as required.
- Endorse inspection reports to ensure they comply with the relevant client STPs and Oceaneering procedures, instigate remedial action for any non-compliance
- Asset lead for inspection and responsible for implementing the anomaly process including recommendations from inspection anomalies and failures, i.e. IQ anomaly and RO reporting process.
- Attend TAR Meetings, RBA meetings, Asset Integrity meetings and technical practice documentation reviews as required and maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties to ensure an effective inspection and integrity service.
- Provide support to verification activities related to applicable performance standards.
- Provide support to ensure suitable risk based fabric maintenance plans exist.
- Fully proficient individual contributor.
- Makes decisions on complex and difficult situations independently.
- Broad knowledge of own professional discipline, and general knowledge of related disciplines.
- Builds relationships within and across teams, and delivers key technical content to influence stakeholders.
- Explains facts, provides context, practices and policies to internal / external parties for information or to elicit support.
- Supervises NDT teams, other Oceaneering personnel and sub contractors as required.
- Provide management, guidance and direction to Oceaneering support personnel for the effective execution of the contract, including interfaces with Structural, Pipeline and Pressure Systems Engineers, TAs, planning engineers.
- Support LM in production of Oceaneering monthly performance management report (e.g. dashboard).
- Input into annual reporting as directed by LM.
- Assist the LM to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) deliverables and overall management of the service.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by Management.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Supervises all OIEs on allocated platforms as well as TAs, planning Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Graduate Engineers when executing work on their platform / area of responsibility.
- Reports to Delivery Manager or his delegate.
- UKAS RG2 Category 2 compatible (E)
- Both appropriate HNC/HND qualification and Incorporated Engineer accreditation by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline (P)
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API 570 Piping Inspection (P)
- API 653 Tank Inspection certification, if position is for a landsite (P)
- Offshore medical and survival certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
E = Essential.
D = Desired.
P = Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 8 years in the field of plant and equipment inspection (E)
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of design, manufacture, materials, corrosion, welding, codes, standards and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/ procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- Computer liter rate. (E)
- ACET or equivalent (E). If no previous experience, training must be completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Generally onshore, office based but several offshore platform visits per year will be required. Working day is 12 hours per day, 28 days on 28 days off.
This position is considered LIGHT work.