Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Anadarko seeks a Counsel / Sr Counsel to join the Legal Litigation organization located in The Woodlands, TX office. The position will focus on independently managing a large docket of complex commercial disputes in multiple jurisdictions from cradle to grave, as well as, providing legal advice in anticipation of litigation.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience practicing litigation with emphasis on oil & gas related matters
- Experience handling or managing environmental litigation, including legacy litigation, is highly preferred. Experience with environmental contamination cases in Louisiana is preferred.
- Experience with personal injury and toxic tort matters is preferred.
- Experience is highly preferable with an Oil & Gas Company and / or a top tier law firm.
- Strong technical knowledge of domestic Oil & Gas law, including: land owner issues, lease disputes and JOA disputes
- Significant experience with electronic discovery
- Litigation experience in Texas, Louisiana and Colorado in both state and federal courts
- Experience analyzing litigation contingency reserves and SEC disclosures of litigation
- Demonstrated experience as a member of a crisis management team
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- High level of experience with management of electronic discovery
- Provide legal advice to oil and gas clients in anticipation of litigation
- Coordinate litigation legal strategies with transactional legal team
- Recommend retention of qualified outside counsel to represent the Company's interests in litigated/arbitrated matters
- Direct the work of outside counsel to insure the highest quality of legal representation in a cost-effective manner
- Manage independently a large docket of complex commercial disputes in multiple jurisdictions from cradle to grave
- Strong communication skills
- Able to conduct early assessment of facts and law in order to communicate the associated risk throughout the progress of litigation or arbitration to the Associate General Counsel of Litigation, clients in the Company, members of the Financial Reporting team and colleagues in the Legal Department.
LLM or JD required from an ABA accredited law school
Licensed to practice law in Texas and/or Louisiana
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 25%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.