Chico, Texas, United States
Chico, Texas, United States
Skills: Pipeline Operator, Process Technician, Refinery / Plant Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chico, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Operator for their Shackelford Plant located near Albany, Texas.
• Review and monitor Plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. The responsibility of the Operator is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, gas turbines, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment.
• The schedule will consist of 8 hour shifts and will require some weekends and holidays to be worked.
• The position also has associated callouts and overtime.
• Duties will include working at Plant and field compressors stations and truck loading.
• Shackelford Plant has glycol dehydration, and gas compression served by gathering system.
• Shackelford Plant Operator will also be required to perform certain PSM/PHA functions and activities.
• Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
• Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
• Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
• Working knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance.
• Responsible for operation, surveillance, diagnosis, troubleshooting, minor repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment for Plant operation which is includes but not limited to: Engines, Compressors, Pumps, Valves, air coolers, filtration equipment, pressure relief devices, glycol dehydration and other specialty items.
• Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
• Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management.
• Have a basic knowledge of ones work and how it will affect other co-workers in the plant and field operations.
• Have a basic understanding of natural gas pipelines systems in relation to compressor station operations.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• 0-3 years of related work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft operating system and Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Strong written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Regular and reliable attendance
Minimum Physical Requirements
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, and pull\push at least a minimum of 75lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and in a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Gas Plant/Pipeline/Field related experience!Z
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.