Velma, Oklahoma, United States
Velma, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Velma, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Operator for their facility located in Velma, OK.
1. Assists with the operating of natural gas plant and pipeline equipment including but not limited to treating plants, reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
2. Operating the plant equipment and system may include, but is not limited to:
3. Adjusting controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges.
4. Visually inspecting equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
5. Operating valves
6. Monitor Plant and Pipeline Operations and respond appropriately to emergency or upset conditions.
7. Implements safe work practices and participates in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times.
8. Assists with monitoring of gas gathering system through SCADA and notifies plant supervisor of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
9. Reads, monitors, and records various operating conditions such as pressures, temperatures, hours of operation, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School diploma or GED
• Oil & Gas Industry experience
• Some knowledge of the operation, control and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a processing plant, preferred.
• Proficient PC/software skills, required.
• 1 - 2 years' Oil & Gas Industry experience
• Knowledge of Midstream Plant Operation equipment
Ability to assess mechanical problems/issues
Team focused willing to work with a diverse group
• Vision sufficient to read computer screens, reports and related documents
• Hearing sufficient to hear verbal instruction and normal conversation levels
• Speech sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone
• Dexterity sufficient to operate computers and other related office equipment
• Strength sufficient to lift, carry and move objects weighing minimum of 75 lbs.
• Endurance sufficient to maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift
Primary work environment is outdoors, where employee maybe exposed to varying weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees. Employee is exposed to loud noises, dust, and vibrations. Employee will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a call-out basis. Overtime may be required. Employee is required to carry pager and/or cell phone while on call. Requires some travel via company vehicle [some overnight] to remote locations throughout the system to monitor equipment and perform maintenance duties on compressor stations and pipelines.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.