Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Shetland, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
**Please note this role is for Fixed Term of 6 months initially**
To assist the site team in the effective provision of inspection and integrity services to Total SGP and to ensure all plant and equipment on Total assets are inspected and certified in accordance with approved plans and work scopes. Oversee all FM scopes to QA/QC level.
- Review of incoming workflow as instructed by Total as required.
- Assist in the preparation/ feedback of site inspection / FM work packs.
- Good knowledge of PFP and coatings systems.
- To manage all Fabric Maintenance scopes on site and to oversee final completion of works.
- Assist in the review of completed inspection workpacks I reports.
- Assist in the development of specific FM strategies..
- Operate MMS as directed.
- Validate QA/QC reports and feedback as required to onshore support.
- Maintain Inspection Query I Remedial Order Process.
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client databases I systems .
- Assist in the review of Asset specific operational reports, plans and identify events likely to impact on the inspection and corrosion monitoring programs
- Support Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems I anomalies, both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, raising notifications and communicating plans .
- Assist TOTAL engineers on site at SGP on a regular basis and prepare and plan all site outages.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Complete monthly HSE stats and report to HSE onshore e.g. Permit Audits, STOP audits, Deal Feedback Cards and any safety observation and report any remedial progress
- Adhere to OISL life saving rules at all times
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Report issues daily and progress all works to TOTAL onshore Inspection Engineer
- Assign tasks and supervise all technical personnel on site for task for the inspection department
- Cascade information to Oceaneering support staff based at clients office
- HNC / HND Mechanical Engineering (P)
- NACE or ICORR Certification for coatings and PFP (E)
- Minimum 10 years Inspection experience in Oil and Gas as OIE (P)
- ASME Plant Inspection Level 2 (P)
- CSWIP UT in-service Inspector level 2 (E)
- BSc Science or Engineering related discipline (P)
- Membership of a recognised Institute and accreditation with Engineering Council (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.