Position Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: IL, Chicago
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is a leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, has a permanent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to be based in The Chicago, IL. JOB SUMMARY
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the Field Project Controls and Construction progress reporting activities. This individual will work with other members of the project teams to develop labor plans and progress strategy. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring the field progress on a day-to-day basis, measure and input into site specific construction process systems
- Providing support to project with earned value analysis
- Collaborate with construction engineers and field construction supervisors as necessary
- Conduct weekly reviews of Field Labor project reports to assure budget hours and actual hours are aligned with other project reports and tools (P6, Cost Reports, Estimates, Change Logs, etc.)
- FCE will spend approximately 50% of their time in the field monitoring progress on active construction projects
- 4 plus years' of experience with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related fields
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate contract requirements including to construction drawings and specifications and site HSSE Policies
- Experience with MS Excel and MS Access for Data analysis
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.