Company: Saudi Aramco
Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 14 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dhahran, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Working in our busy press office team, you will be responsible for supporting the Company's international media relations activities: handling media enquiries, developing compelling story content, pitching news stories to global media, and managing media engagements including media visits and leadership team interviews. The candidate will have deep-domain knowledge and expertise in global media relations, will be calm in media handling, including in crisis situations, and will have the strong sense of news required to protect and build the Company's reputation.
• A bachelor's degree in communication, public relations, English, or a related field in arts. An MBA or a higher degree is preferred.
• A minimum 14 years of experience in public relations and media relations gained from either agency and/or in-house corporate setting, ideally in energy or oil and gas sectors.
• Native English speaking proficiency with excellent English writing and presentation skills.
• Deep domain expertise in media relations/media handling, including on strategic corporate announcements and financial results/earnings, working alongside investor relations.
• Deep knowledge of and contacts across international business media (print/online/broadcast) and excellent understanding of social media.
• Proven experience of media handling in crisis situations with consistent ability to respond calmly and with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with an exceptional sense of responsibility and accountability.
• A self-starter who works independently with responsibility and minimal supervision and is focused on delivery.
• Sound judgment underpinned by a strong sense of news and appreciation of the news cycle. • Strong business acumen and understanding of corporate drivers.
• Ability to engage confidently with senior leaders.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and proven team working and team management skills.
• Trustworthy and responsible; handle confidential issues with sensitivity and care at all times.
• Manage colleagues and communications agencies to deliver consistent results to an exceptional and consistent standard.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Handle media enquiries; engage proactively with media; and develop, implement, and evaluate media engagement strategies for announcements and campaigns.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives within a busy press office team.
• Develop core materials required for communications plans: press releases, briefing documents, messaging/briefings, Q&A, media plans, analysis and evaluation reports, etc.
• Simplify and translate technical issues into compelling, engaging, and relevant content.
• Ensure materials are prepared to consistent Saudi Aramco standards and ensures systematic adherence to Saudi Aramco processes.
• Implement media and social media evaluation, performance tracking and analysis to inform strategy.
• Support the Company's crisis communications activities, crisis preparedness, and media handling during crisis incidents.