The Project Manager's role is to assist in the execution of the Mobile Site's Capital Project Portfolio. This position ensures that Projects are executed as per the identified Shell processes, guidelines and best practices. Keeping safety as the number one priority while at the same time managing cost, schedule and quality.
The Mobile Site Projects Organization is composed of a mixture of company direct and contract staff. This group implements the planning, scheduling, cost control, cost estimating, delivery and portfolio management for all Capital projects including Turnaround activities. The Project Manager provides leadership, organization and direction ensuring that the asset that is turned over to operations demonstrates flawless start-ups and the reliability to operate safely as per the defined parameters.
The Project Manager is responsible for project development, all phases from Identify & Access through Execution including schedule and cost control. He/She executes projects that improve the safety, reliability and profitability of the refinery.
The Project Manager manages a wide variety of "Medium" projects, which are usually
- Has the primary responsibility for execution of Downstream Capital (and Expense) Projects from front end development to detailed design, construction, and startup in accordance with Shell's project execution work process.
- Is accountable for delivering projects safely, on schedule, within approved budgets, and meeting all project objectives.
- Manages multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases.
- Develops project scope in collaboration with Business, Operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
- Is accountable for ensuring timely engagement of the proper technical authorities for approval of project scope and design.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Works with Project Controls to develop project cost estimates and schedules and to manage and forecast budgets and schedules. Tracks KPIs as a tool for project management, and reports status to stakeholders.
- Works with site Contracting and Procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- Works with environmental to ensure permitting strategy/compliance.
- Works with internal and external benchmarking to evaluate project cost competitiveness, readiness to proceed, and opportunities for improvement.
- Works with construction to develop robust construction management plans.
- Coordinates personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements. Is an active and visible presence during field construction to keep the focus on Safety.
- Provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides appropriate record documentation to site Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Project files, and other site records.
- Financially closes project accounts in a timely manner after ensuring that all costs have been properly captured.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following is required:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Refinery/Petrochemical Capital Project Organization.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Project Engineering
- Minimum Two (2) years experience utilizing GSAP work breakdown structure for Capital Projects and integration.
- Minimum five (2) years experience with Shell Project Work Process.
- A practical working knowledge of refinery/petrochemical processes, process equipment is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.