Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Demand Planning Specialist assumes responsibility for managing and deploying best practice strategies in Order Management to support International Repair & Kit Plant material demands sourced through Houston. Position requires order entry and demand planning coordination with designated procurement group to ensure expedient handling for quality certified items as well as MRO items. Responsibilities also include back-up capacity for processing PDC bit and bit accessory shipping orders.
He/She reports direct to Demand Planning Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive, validate and schedule inbound Sales Orders in line with standard processes and sourcing policies
- Balance supply & demand with stakeholder inputs
- Coordinate and prioritize Order Demand; ensuring delivery commitments are set and met
- Expedite/ Prioritize orders as necessary
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure effective strategic supply/demand balance combined with tactical value stream execution
- Communicate/Approve appropriate priority to Supply Organization
- Collaborate with group to ensure proper pick/ pack/ ship process for order completion
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates/ BA/ BS degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Distribution or Business, or 5+ years' experience in customer service/ order management and fulfilment
- Minimum 5+ years related experience
- Excellent communication and Customer service skills
- Order Management, ERP Working Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle, SCOR, SC+ Knowledge a plus
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.