Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To assist the Angola Financial Manager in the operations of the Angola Finance and Accounting team. To support business needs and respond to corporate requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating and mapping processes
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Give necessary support to Internal Audit Group and EY Auditors during Interoffice and SOX Audits
- Review Accounting Reconciliations and improve the quality of the information provided
- Give the necessary support to PSFT Team in Houston in order to implement the necessary improvements on Angola GAAP
- Prepare Cash Flow Forecast Analysis and provide necessary support to Corporate and Brazil
- Give the necessary support to the Controller, to restructure the Finance team in Angola
- Maintain and keep up to date with all tax matters to ensure full compliance, as well as focus on the implementation of the VAT regime and invoicing obligations within the company.
- Producing VAT monthly reports to be submitted to the tax authorities.
- To best represent Oceaneering Angola to external entities such as clients, auditors, government representatives, etc.
- To take ownership of the finance and accounting processes and work to improve the operations and efficiency of the finance and accounting team.
- To work individually & as a team member
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Angola Finance Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree or equivalent in finance or accounting
- Extensive experience working in a finance, accounting or tax in the O&G industry
- Experience leading a team or group
- Experience working in Angola is a plus
- Proficient in Portuguese and English
- Experience with PeopleSoft is a plus
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
Sit with back supported