Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gatwick, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The position of Senior Project Engineering Manager will act as engineering lead on medium, large and complex/critical projects taking full ownership of all engineering activities undertaken by product and discipline engineers. You will work closely with the Project Manager, Procurement Lead and other project services to execute the project in accordance with the as sold requirement and Client expectations. You will provide training for a group of project engineering professionals, lead activities and technical discussions, facilitating the integration of new team members. You will also mentor other project engineering managers and provide training to others as required.
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the as sold engineering scope of supply and communicate that to the engineering functions on the project.
- Ensure the project is being executed in accordance with Cameron's Practices, Procedures and Work Instructions. This will include updating project specific QA documents.
- Generate and develop the Project Engineering LACTI and review of other project generated LACTI (by junior PEM).
- Generate and develop the project engineering scope of work and execution plan.
- Develop the work share execution plan with Coimbatore and other offices.
- Control and coordinate work share activities.
- Hold regular engineering meetings.
- Subcontract specialist engineering activities to outsourced companies.
- Provide project man-hour estimating, planning and forecasting for all Engineering functions.
- Review, approve and control man-hour bookings on a project.
- Schedule of engineering activities.
- Assist in the development of Skeleton BOM with project procurement plan.
- Oversee and control engineering documents list.
- Coordinate design reviews.
- Lead IOM generation work.
- Resolve technical conflicts.
- Manage engineering change management and generate MOCs as required.
- Write technical fabrication contracts and manage technical aspects of the contract.
- Interface with the Project Manager and other disciplines.
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced and ask for resources as required from discipline managers.
- Support proposals, sales, projects and aftermarket departments/activities.
- Execute or delegate work to the team as required.
- Generate and issue project MRB.
- Work closely with project managers and planner to develop the Project Schedule.
- Organize and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Provide input to the Lessons Learned process and utilize findings from the process to update tools and processes.
- Visit fabricators during pre-award, manufacture and factory acceptance testing.
- Attend bid clarification meetings, kick off meetings and design review meetings.
- Check and approve the work of others as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent with extensive experience within Oil and Gas or possibly Petrochemicals or Water Industry.
- Detailed experience in fabrication and vendor management.
- Knowledge of the design and fabrication requirements of medium sized packaged process units
- Familiar with Industry Standards and codes such as ASME, API, NORSOK and EN.
- Experience / skill with multi-discipline project engineering functions.
- Communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals outside the Company.
- Knowledge of drafting design software such as CadWorx, Autocad, PDMS.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Ability to read, interpret and review the various drawings (P&ID, GA Drawings, Isometric and spooling) required in the skid fabrication and assembly work.
- Ability to lead activities and technical discussions, facilitating the integration of new team members.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to comply with the facility's production, quality and safety standards.
- Ability to work as a team member with various Schlumberger departments associated with designing, estimating, fabricating, operating, and selling the equipment.
- Working effectively in a team environment.
- Highly self-motivated and organized.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.