Skills: HR - General, Payroll
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Compensation Analyst works to develop, implement, document and administer all aspects of compensation including job evaluation, market pricing, establishment and annual review of salary structures and ranges, merit budgeting, and annual merit increase planning., and variable pay Supports design and maintenance of all variable programs. Supports all statutory pay practices and provides administration and analysis for statutory inquiries when pay practices are involved .
- Actively participates in the planning, design, implementation and administration of compensation programs, providing guidance and assistance regarding compensation programs.
- Provides technical and analytical support for a wide range of compensation projects designed to support business strategies.
- Analyzes market data to identify current trends and market movement, and makes recommendations based on insights and observations of the outcome of the analysis.
- Responsible for supporting design and maintenance of all variable pay programs within the Company.
- Completes annual market analysis and recommends competitive merit budget and structure movement for upcoming fiscal year.
- Serves as primary contact for various compensation survey groups and third party compensation consultants. Seeks new sources of market data applicable to jobs at Core Laboratories.
- Prepares all data submissions to key compensation surveys and answers inquiries related to the submissions.
- Reviews and completes job evaluations on new and revised job descriptions and recommends appropriate salary grade assignments.
- Performs Exemption status review of new and existing U.S. jobs to ensure full compliance with the exemption provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Assist with inquiries from the Department of Labor (DOL) and Office of Federal Compliance Contract Programs (OFCCP), and understands the requirements necessary to stay in compliance with both programs.
- Replies to inquiries from state workforce commissions.
- Directs IT in the set-up of information in the Oracle job table and audits job table information to ensure accuracy. Inactivates job information that is no longer used to ensure only current information is available for use in manager self-service.
- Constructs planning documents with employee detail and information needed for the annual merit planning process. Delivers documents electronically to each leader and follows up for return to Compensation to meet payroll deadline. Completes final review and analysis of planning results and prepares summary reports. Prepares final electronic file(s) for payroll upload and implementation in Oracle.
- Leads and participates in the design and production of annual Total Compensation Statements for employees.
- Assists in research and special executive compensation projects as directed by the Vice President Corporate Human Resources.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in compensation analysis, pay practice knowledge and salary structure design and maintenance.
- Oil & Gas Industry experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of compensation principles and pay practices.
- Working knowledge of local, state and national laws and regulations pertaining to compensation programs, in particular, the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Knowledge of Department of Labor (DOL) and Office of Federal Compliance Contract Programs (OFCCP) helpful
- Mathematical aptitude, strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Robust interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with finely tuned attention to detail.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to produce results
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret information.
- Ability to develop and write correspondence which can be disseminated to executives, managers and supervisors.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including foreign currencies, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for compensation analysis.
- Judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Position resides within a normal office working environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or SPHR/PHR certification preferred
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.