Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer for a permanent position, located in Turriff, Aberdeenshire.
To specify and design an electrical system, draught schematics, perform electrical calculations, specify components and create parts lists ready for assembly and in accordance with relevant company and international standards. Asist the workshop and support manufacturing and commissioning activities. Assist in the development of junior engineers.
- Design, specify, size, and select equipment required for the electrical control and monitoring of winching applications in accordance with relevant company and international standards.
- Scoping of projects, including required control and drive system deliverables
- Assist with developing/checking work plans for control systems team
- Develop/check/approve electrical design schematics
- Develop/check/approve electrical design deliverables
- Provide technical guidance to the lead engineer and project team
- Provide technical guidance to ensure that applicable procedures and standards (client, Company and international) are correctly applied.
- Carry out work as directed by the Lead Engineer, obtain technical information from suppliers and formulating/technically approving purchase requisitions/orders as required for final approval by the Lead Engineer/Engineering Manager.
- Construct and maintain Parts Lists
- Construct detailed electrical/electronic/control circuits
- Construct system functionality descriptions including FDS and BOD
- Report relevant information to Line Manager on a daily basis
- Produce/approve commissioning/testing procedures for electrical/electronic/control systems
- Attend and input at team/departmental and project meetings
- Attend Client technical meetings as required
- Liaise with 3rd party Design Verification authorities as demanded by the project
- Approval and signing of electrical drawings/documents
- HNC or equivalent gained in an appropriate Engineering based discipline
- Substantial experience in Electrical Design and a similar industry
- Experience of working with electrical switchgear and drive control equipment design
- Experience writing technical specifications, FDS, FAT's, OMM's, etc
- Be capable of producing technical & functional specifications and developing electrical designs from concept through to testing/commissioning.
- Competent in use of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- AutoCAD Electrical Experience
- Competent in the selection and generation of parts list
- Electrical Drive and Motor Specification
- Experience with Siemens PLC/HMI Hardware selection and design
- Have a sound knowledge of and be experienced in the application of the latest relevant IEC standards and statuary legislation such as BS7671, IEC 61508, IEC 61511
- Previous working experience within the Maritime, Oil and Gas or similar industries would be highly advantageous
- Experience in the design of any of the following product lines: Drum Winches, Linear Winches, HPU's, Tensioners, Reel Drive Systems
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design
- A foundation knowledge of industry standard PLC/SCADA equipment and the functions they perform