Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Refinery Scheduler is part of the Refinery's Economics & Scheduling team.
The team has the primary responsibility of managing and optimizing the hydrocarbon production of the refinery, which includes the valuation and selection of crude and feedstock, defining and monitoring targets for process unit operations, right through to the blending and delivery of products to our customers. Our goal is to deliver the right product to the right place on time and maximize the integrated margin for the site and across the different lines of businesses.
The Refinery Scheduler uses inputs from Supply. Trading and Refinery to develop, optimise and execute an evolving and economically robust refinery schedule.
The work scope of refinery schedulers may vary according to the assigned area of scheduling responsibilities namely:
• Crudes and Feedstocks
• Process Units
Depending on the assigned areas, the below main accountability's apply:
Crudes and Feed-stocks Scheduling:
• Schedules the arrival and delivery of crudes and feed-stocks (including chemical feeds) to ensure their availability in the necessary quantities and qualities to meet commitments and product quality constraints, optimise stock and asset utilisation.
• Takes proactive actions to mitigate the effects of the early or late arrival of shipments.
• Actively contributes to crude review teams and supports crude Optimisation efforts.
• Converts the refinery Production Plan into component/product blend schedules that meet blending quality requirements while minimising quality giveaway, stock outs and demurrage costs.
• Resolves prospective imbalances in components.
• Ensures products availability in the necessary quantities and qualities to meet commitments and stock levels.
• Ensures that the day-to-day orders and instructions to the oil movements are prepared in conformance with the Production Plan.
• Uses Optimisation tools typically including both Aspen Petroleum Scheduler (aka Orion) and Multi Blend Optimiser (MBO).
Process Units (PU) Scheduling:
• Provides schedule and steers for the refinery unit.
• Issues and communicates guidelines to manufacturing operations which clearly specify targets on intakes, operating modes, run down qualities, contingencies plans and utilities balances. Explains economic drivers and triggers.
• Takes actions to mitigate the effects of an unplanned disruptions/ shutdown.
• Constructs projections of intake and products/ components and balances
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
• Bachelor's Degree beneficial but not mandatory
• Experienced Microsoft Excel user
• Strong analytical skills, particularly for roles with blending Optimisation
• Preferably minimum 3 - 5 years of experiences in Oil and Petrochemical business
• Prior planning/scheduling experience is beneficial (Oil Supply Chain)
• Understands supply chain economics and refining processes
• Knowledge of petroleum qualities and lab testing methods is beneficial
• Ability to provide clear direction to multiple parties regarding feasibility, while keep economic considerations in the forefront
• Capability to deal with various issues at the same time and taking decisions with incomplete information
• Resilient under pressure
This position is on the front line guiding the site in order to meet customer commitments and maximize margin.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.