Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HR Communication Advisor, Global Health & Medicallocated in Houston, TX through March 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will provide communication support for Chevron's Global Health & Medical group, including Health and Productivity, Employee Assistance Program and Global Public Health. This position requires the ability to develop and implement communication plans and deliverables including leadership messages, key message documents, campaigns, medical education and information collateral, webcast-video development, and events. Leadership skills and team interaction are essential to delivering a unified HR/Global Health & Medical voice, maintaining alliances with customers and outside vendors, and delivering exceptional communications and change management support to key leaders and their organizations. Strong written and oral communications skills required. Previous health/medical communication experience strongly preferred.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Partner with internal clients to develop the editorial strategy for Global Health and Medical and provide oversight of all editorial content and publications; Develop and manage content for health program communication campaigns and web.
- Support the organization in developing culturally and linguistically appropriate communications for targeted global employees
- Develop and execute communication plans; advise clients on most effective communication methods and oversee development and delivery of a variety of communications.
- Monitor news-gathering resources to keep abreast of current health topics e.g. press releases, telephone contacts, Web resources, television, wire services, and other reporters
- Provide content, creative guidance, and editorial review for HR intranet and HR-owned internet sites and videos covering a broad range of health and medical topics.
- Have outstanding project management and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Establish metrics and employ best practices to improve communication effectiveness (within and across functions).
- Provide crisis communication support in the event of an emergency.
- Act as a brand steward for Chevron and HR brands. Mentor, coach and train others in HR brand and HR voice.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or related field of study
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required
- Advanced communications skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) with the ability to develop communication strategies that engage and inform audiences with limited (health) literacy skills.
- Experience / understanding of change management to help drive employees' health-related behaviors.
- Experience translating technical/medical information into global, corporate employee-friendly language.
- Applies strategic communication expertise and strategic thinking to meet the needs of the customer and the goals of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategically uses these networks to keep abreast of health trends and help resolve health related issues.
- Seeks strategic opportunities to use network of internal relationships to further the reputation of the department and Global Health and Medical.
- Disciplined and proactive communications program planning and project management skills to ensure successful implementation and alignment with key business objectives.
- Provides appropriate lead time for leadership input and clear decision-making, balanced with a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Experience in the health and medical field is preferred
- Prior oil & gas industry experience strongly preferred
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.